more ways to connect:
This Month's Featured Programs:
Selection is the #1 Job of a Salesperson
-Polishing your interviewing skills
-Asking the right questions
-Guiding your client toward their best decision
-Asking for the order!
Lynn designs programs specific to her client’s needs. She has developed 300 modules over her last 15 years as a training consultant. Modules can be combined or added to any program to create the ideal session for your company.
STEPS FOR BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL YOU!
• Visualize your success. Well before the Secret became popular, psychiatrists and researchers discovered the power of visualizing success. When you see an event or goal in your mind’s eye lived out as you wish it to be you start all steps in motion towards creating the reality. Visualize what you want, not what you think is possible or what you think you should want. When you visualize do it in vivid detail. Make each of your goals and thoughts very specific with numbers and facts in your mind. Write them down and even take it a step further to create pictures to go with them by way of a vision board. This is to cut pictures from magazines or actual photos of people and post them on a large piece of paper with numbers, goals, specifics and have this in your line of sight at all times. You will be amazed at the power of a vision board.
• Seek mentors. Why would anyone think they could be as strong or powerful by themselves as they can be with the talent of others around them? In seeking mentors be specific. Look for individuals with talent that you do not necessarily have yourself. In fact why not create your own personal board of directors? In this I would recommend 5 as a number with distinctly different talents. To do this, approach individuals and let them know you want to associate with them because you admire them. You will find that people love to help you and are extremely flattered.
• Listen. Really learn to listen. Most people are very poor at this trait. They are so busy thinking about what they want to say as soon as the person they are with stops talking that they fail to hear what the other person is saying. The greatest honor you can give to someone else is to ask an open ended question and truly listen to what they say. Toss out everything else from your day and on your list of to do’s and just focus on the individual in front of you. You must listen to the actual words spoken and must also listen to the implied meaning. A good listener will be a better learner, a better person and a better friend.
• Embrace change. Former president of Toyota, Iwao Ismura's motto was, "Our current success is the best reason to change things-change is great!” If we continue to stay in the same place, we will not grow. People who are unwilling to change are simply stuck. Sometimes change is forced upon us and we must adjust. But the best way to grow is to seek change and continue to grow with it.
• Trust ourselves. Why is there doubt? We all have doubt, if we didn’t we wouldn’t have much humility. What we need to do is move past our fear of negative evaluation from other people and learn to have confidence in our own decisions. Focus our attention on our own positive actions and give ourselves affirmations for the things we know we do well. Applaud yourself for effort and keep trying?
• Work harder and smarter. There really is no shortcut to success. It involves work. Working hard means identifying a specific goal and moving heaven and earth to accomplish it. It means doing what others are not willing to do and doing it consistently. When you consider the rewards and the sense of satisfaction in exceeding your goals, a little hard work is a small price to pay. Rarely is a reward given for someone doing the average or minimum, so really working harder and smarter is the only way to be!
• Express gratitude. Few people achieve success without help from others. Gratitude is an essential part of the journey. Remember to take a moment to express gratitude and do it often. Write thank you notes, send cards, make personal phone calls and do whatever you can to tell people you appreciate their help and contribution towards your success. Start a gratitude journal and keep a living document of all the things you value and appreciate. If you ever need a pick me up, all you need to do is read that journal and a smile will come to your face.
Here’s wishing your success.
get your our own custom program
Contact Lynn at 360-319-6776 to schedule your custom designed program.