This Month's Featured Programs:
Defining and Setting Service Standards
-Involve all departments
-Communicate the why and how
-Make standards measurable (5-6 per department)
-Communicate throughout your company
-Measure and coach toward standards
-Recognize and reward
Lynn designs programs specific to her client’s needs. She has developed 300 modules over her last 15 years as a training consultant. Modules can be combined or added to any program to create the ideal session for your company.
Up Your Production with a Daily Ritual
Lists… how simple they are and yet how effective they are in giving you focus and discipline. I can’t think of a better routine than making a list either the night before or first thing in the morning of those things you wish to accomplish. I am continually asked to develop seminars on time management. We all struggle with time. Any company wants us to work as efficiently as possible and get as much done in as little time which helps their bottom line and creates an environment where people are energized.
Here are some topic suggestions for a list that might be helpful to you.
• First on your to-do list should be your sales activities! This could be your outbound calls which could include customer care or prospecting calls. Putting this first on your list will ensure this vital activity which takes place.
• Any customer follow-up needs to be a top priority.
• Operations duties that must take place in a timely manner.
• Carry over items from the previous day.
5. Training projects or special initiatives.
These are just a few examples that could go on your to-do list. Each one of you will have your own things that are important for you and your focus.
On the topic of time management, one of our big time guzzlers is under the category of organization. Having a good filing and organizational system for your desk is essential. Make sure you know where things are and they are kept within a file folder that is properly labeled and easy to get to.
Another important aspect is to allow some time each day for simple planning. That is the big picture action of looking at your future projects and bigger projects that are most important.
One might look at setting some overall goals as well for each day.
• Attitude. Display the right outlook for maximum production and achievement each day.
• Prioritizing. Acting upon the things that are most important each day and not procrastinating.
• Health. Keeping one’s health in top shape so they can feel good and do more.
• Thinking and planning. Always looking towards the future and not getting stuck in a rut.
• Commitment and discipline. This falls into the category of ownership thinking. When someone gives you a task to do or a project, owning it and getting it done!
• Relationships. Being a good team player and developing strong relationships with those you work with and the customers you serve.
• Generosity. Being a good citizen and kind to others.
• Values. Have good values and good standards to live by.
• Growth. Constantly seek improvement.
get your our own custom program
Contact Lynn at 360-319-6776 to schedule your custom designed program.