This Month's Featured Programs:
Finding the Balance of Life
-Looking at your life from an holistic view
-Determining your strengths and weaknesses in 6 areas
-Setting goals in 6 basic areas
-Action planning and follow up
Lynn designs programs specific to her client’s needs. She has developed 300 modules over her last 15 years as a training consultant. Modules can be combined or added to any program to create the ideal session for your company.
The Essence of Goal Setting
If you don’t know where you are going, how will you know when you get there? Goal setting is like having a map that guides you to your destination. Goal setting is a wonderful way to help your employees achieve their goals and for you to know just what ways you can help them in the process.
• Goals provide direction. With goals you can focus your efforts on specific activities, and achievements to move towards a specific accomplishment.
• Goals tell you how far you have traveled. Goals provide milestones along the road to help accomplish your vision. If you determine you must accomplish several steps to reach your final destination you can note each one of them and know how much is remaining. They help one see that each goal is obtainable.
• Goals help make your overall vision obtainable. You seldom can reach your vision in one big step. You need to take many small steps to get there. Goals enable you to achieve your overall vision by dividing your efforts into smaller pieces. When accomplishing them individually they will add up to big results.
• Goals clarify everyone’s role. When you announce your vision to your employees they may have some idea on where you want to go, but no idea of how you want to get there. Goals keep employees from duplicating each other’s efforts, having clear tasks and help it to be more effective working together. Setting goals with employees clarifies each individual’s task and what is expected from each individual.
• Goals give people something to strive for. Without getting into a deep discussion of philosophy, it is believed that people are more motivated and challenged to attain a goal than without one. Not only do goals give people a purpose but they create a sense of stimulation that increases productivity.
Goals work! Set them for yourself and with your team…
get your our own custom program
Contact Lynn at 360-319-6776 to schedule your custom designed program.