This Month's Featured Program:
Working the Room
-Getting your ROI from attending a social function
-Preparing for and following up with networking opportunities
-How to meet, greet, and graciously exit new clients
-Social do's and don'ts of attending networking functions
Lynn designs programs specific to her client’s needs. She has developed 300 modules over her last 15 years as a training consultant. Modules can be combined or added to any program to create the ideal session for your company.
Thirteen Tips for Connecting at a Social Gathering
1. Approach the event with eagerness and desire to meet new friends.
2. Project confidence and be at ease with yourself.
3. Show interest in others by asking open ended questions, maintaining eye contact and being an outstanding listener.
4. Be willing to share a little bit about yourself.
5. Use positive body language such as leaning into a greeting with a firm handshake and a smile.
6. Convey as sense of energy and enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is contagious. People will know whether you want to be there or not.
7. Be informed and informational yourself. Offer stories or personal experiences. In essence be interesting.
8. Remember your manners. A social event is a wonderful time to display professionalism and great manners.
9. Act like the host or hostess yourself. Introduce people to each other and display the type of hospitality from the host or hostess.
10. Help others to feel comfortable by drawing them into the conversation and extending yourself to them.
11. Connect visually by giving the other person your complete attention. The eyes are the windows of the souls!
12. Act appropriately. You are not there to be the center of attention or master of ceremonies nor a wallflower. Remember your place, purpose and desire.
13,Have fun and those around you will too.
People may hear your words
but they feel attitude.
get your our own custom program
Contact Lynn at 360-319-6776 to schedule your custom designed program.