more ways to connect:
This Month's Featured Programs:
Strategies for Leadership
-Getting the right people in the right positions
-Focusing on follow up
-Helping managers hold their teams accountable
Lynn designs programs specific to her client’s needs. She has developed 300 modules over her last 15 years as a training consultant. Modules can be combined or added to any program to create the ideal session for your company.
This is the second of 6 articles on Sales Leadership. Hope you enjoy them.
Key Questions for Good Sales Managers to Ask Themselves
To be on top of your game in sales management you need to continually reflect on how you interact with your people and how you can personally improve yourself. Here are some great questions to ask yourself to evaluate how you are doing.
• What programs do I have in place to recognize my people?
• How do I make my people feel useful, important and worthwhile?
• Do I have a written motivational program for each individual?
• How do I motivate my top performers?
• Do I motivate my “need to improve” performers?
• How do I communicate personal motivation to the sales force?
There are some common mistakes made by sales managers. Take care that you do not fall into any of these habits.
• Having one motivation program for everyone.
• Using negative motivation more than positive.
• Not planning motivation, just thinking it will happen.
• Blaming other functions for sales related problems (lack of ownership).
• Lack of personal motivation or inability to communicate.
• Not being a leader yourself.
• Not modeling the desired behaviors or lacking personal discipline.
• Doing the sales person’s job! Jumping in and taking over. (This is a common error).
• Failing to ask sales people for their input or ideas.
• Not delegating; not developing; micro managing… ouch!
To motivate sales people you must satisfy many interrelated needs- not just one. The best leaders are motivators and approach each person reporting to them with individuality, care and concern. They give their sales people a feeling of belonging and being valued. They stretch them, they applaud them and they appreciate them.
Here’s wishing you success.
get your our own custom program
Contact Lynn at 360-319-6776 to schedule your custom designed program.