more ways to connect:
This Month's Featured Programs:
Looking at Your Business Through the Customer’s Eyes
-Incorporating Standards of Service into your Business
-Managers setting clear expectations and leading by example
-Knowing your competition and preparing to sell to it
Lynn designs programs specific to her client’s needs. She has developed 300 modules over her last 15 years as a training consultant. Modules can be combined or added to any program to create the ideal session for your company.
Your Introductory Business Development Call
• Rule #1 – Prepare! Gather as much information as you can prior to your first call so you are knowledgeable about the client, their industry and their competition. Ask fellow officers, search the internet and collect information wherever you can.
• Prepare a professional introduction. It should be very easy to understand, demonstrate your values, show that you know what you are talking about and clearly demonstrate your credibility. Include such areas as the length of time you have been in your position, personal experience and testimonials. Speak in the language of the client and offer examples where they can see the value you bring to the table.
• Probe to find out the overall goals and challenges of the client. This is your opportunity to see what you can do to help them. Remember that your goal is to uncover needs so listening is key. Ask key questions that uncover hot buttons. Find out what is going on and determine the source of their symptoms.
• Collect all of that data in your mind and start to prioritize and focus on their real wants and needs. A true professional knows how to summarize during this point in an appointment so that client sees their value.
• Discover any obstacles that might be getting in the way of their working with you or simply ask the question, “Are there any obstacles or reasons that would keep you from changing to another vendor?”
• Position yourself for a follow-up call and reason to come back. Start establishing a long term relationship to generate new business and additional referrals.
Good luck and good sales!
Budget time is near
Please be thinking about your 2013 Training Plans. Several clients have already scheduled for next year!
get your our own custom program
Contact Lynn at 360-319-6776 to schedule your custom designed program.