more ways to connect:
This Month's Featured Programs:
Creating a Culture Where Everyone Sells!
-Sending the message that proactive service equates to sales
-Leadership sends the message and involves all team members
-Creating proactive reasons and initiatives for customer contact
-Originating contests, promotions and initiatives to motivate staff
-Sales needs to be the “in” behavior and celebrated
-Coaching tools to mentor and motivate
-Accountability and consequences
-Communications tools to increase awareness sustain enthusiasm
Lynn designs programs specific to her client’s needs. She has developed 300 modules over her last 15 years as a training consultant. Modules can be combined or added to any program to create the ideal session for your company.
Developing people’s talent and instilling accountability are two of the most important goals for any business today. Managers strive to help employees accept more responsibility and ownership in their jobs. In leadership accountability is the acknowledgment and acceptance of responsibility, for actions, products and decisions. By nature people are much more willing to “own” success than failure. To be accountable, one must be fully engaged and empowered to make their own decisions in line with company standards and direction.
To create such an environment that fosters greater empowerment leaders need to provide:
• Confidence – communicating respect for the individual’s skills and abilities.
• Communication – transparency combined with frequency.
• Clear boundaries – formed by measurements, protocol and authority.
• Support – not micromanaging but trusting.
• Recognition – of initiative and responsible risk taking.
Managers should also support their employees with these helpful hints:
• Tell employees clearly what you need from them. Let them know the areas in which they are free to make decisions.
• Develop their decision – making skills and create a learning environment.
• Set achievable goals.
• Provide them with all the information they need to make decisions.
• Encourage them to share their thoughts and doubts among themselves and with management.
With accountability, we must consider a much deeper relationship between the employee and the work – one that transcends the trappings of responsibility that come with position. The employee who is accountable will make decisions and own the consequences of these decisions regardless of whether the results turn out to be positive or negative.
To create an atmosphere of accountability and empowerment leaders must work to remove any fears in making decisions through proactive communication. They must model the desired behaviors so employees recognize "what good looks like" and continuously reaffirm the actions they are looking for. When employees feel empowered, have a keen sense of direction, and support from their managers they naturally want to contribute more to the company. Accountability comes easily. It's a "win win " for company and employee!
Budget time is near
Please be thinking about your 2013 Training Plans. Several clients have already scheduled for this year!
get your our own custom program
Contact Lynn at 360-319-6776 to schedule your custom designed program.